Gen parity

I support the 2022 changes to the Chilean constitution , and I especially support gender parity being added to that new Chilean constitution:

I like the “Gender parity: including a mandated 50%+ of women in a lot of parts of the government and bureaucracy,” even though I feel that gender parity in general is a mixed bag

I want us to abolish patriarchy/male patriarchy and I prefer not to use parity in our existing patriarchy/male patriarchy since that is only a bandaid and is an insult to women. 

Parity seems just as empty as the complaints that are made about the lack of diversity of corporate boards. What I mean is, who cares what the gender composition is of a bourgeois court is, we need to abolish neoliberalism for true equality and freedom for all 

However Chile’s new constitutional Gender parity is good and something I want added to the US constitution too 

Though Chile’s constitutional Gender parity might be better handled through short-term measures than enshrining in their constitution, especially since it technically forced non-parity (albeit by a small margin) since it affects groups with odd number of people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminsitm 101900

Mewiowebirr